It can be difficult to find a savory snack that is healthy and also hits the spot. I’ll be discussing a healthier snack that you can reach for next time you are craving a bag of potato chips. Roasted chickpeas are a much healthier option to snack on and they are easy to fix. Chickpeas are a part of the legume family and are high in protein. You can also season the chickpeas with a variety of different seasonings and spices to get whatever flavor you may be craving.
Start off by draining and rinsing a can of chickpeas. Then pour out onto a paper towel and dry off with another paper towel. Next lightly coat the chickpeas in olive oil and sprinkle with whichever spices you choose. For this recipe I chose cinnamon and paprika to add a little sweet and a little spice.
Place chickpeas on baking sheet and make sure there is plenty of room so that the chickpeas are not overcrowded. Put baking sheet into cold oven and turn on to 400 degrees F. Roast the chickpeas for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- Olive Oil
- Spices of choice ( I used cinnamon and paprika)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Pour chickpeas onto a paper towel and dry off with another paper towel. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet.
- Lightly coat chickpeas in olive oil.
- Sprinkle spices (in this case, cinnamon and paprika) over chickpeas. Shake baking sheet to completely coat chickpeas.
- Place baking sheet in cool oven. Turn oven on to 400 degrees F. Cook chickpeas for 30 minutes.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!