We eat a lot of squash in our house; zucchini squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash. Acorn squash is hands down my favorite squash. If you have never tried it, you are definitely missing out. I cooked and ate my first acorn squash last fall after seeing tons of recipes featuring the vegetable. I have since added it into our regular dinner rotation with no complaints from my husband.
I’ll be sharing my recipe for an almond flour and herb crusted acorn squash today. You begin by cutting the acorn squash in half and scooping out the seeds. Next slice the acorn squash into 1/2 inch thick slices. Now we will prepare our almond flour and herb mixture. I prefer to use Bobs Red Mill Almond Flour/Meal. Add 1/2 cup of almond flour to a mixing bowl with 1 tbsp. of thyme, 1 tbsp. of parsley, and 1 tsp of garlic powder. Stir until mixture is completely mixed. Lastly make an egg wash in a separate bowl.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Begin dipping the slices of corn squash into the egg wash thoroughly and then rolling the slices into the almond flour and herb mixture. Place almond crusted slice onto a foil lined baking sheet. Repeat steps for the rest of the acorn squash slices. Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake for 30minutes.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup of Almond Flour/Meal
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Cut acorn squash into 1/2inch slices.
- Mix 1/2 cup almond flour/meal, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp. thyme, and 1 tbsp. of parsley into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add one egg and water to create the egg wash.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dip acorn squash slice into the egg wash and then roll slice in the almond flour mixture.
- Place crusted acorn squash on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat steps until all acorn squash slices have been coated in acorn squash mixture.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes
Let me know what some of your favorite acorn squash recipes are.