Cauliflower has become one of my favorite vegetables to cook with. It is an excellent way to replace a lot of the carb type foods that I like. It is a lot healthier and actually tastes good. If you’ve been following the blog a while you may remember my post on cauliflower pizza and cauliflower lasagna. We eat a lot of cauliflower around here. I am constantly looking for new ways to incorporate cauliflower into my recipes. Today I will be sharing my recipe for low carb cauliflower cornbread biscuits. These are incredibly tasty and my husband and I actually prefer them over traditional cornbread.
Start by breaking down a head of cauliflower. I find that chopping it in small pieces works best when putting it into the food processor. Large pieces tend to jam the food processor and it ends up taking more time. I use a 7-cup capacity food processor but sometimes a medium or large cauliflower is to big so I have to process two separate batches. I use a food processor similar to this and have been really impressed with it. Process the cauliflower until it is a rice-like texture.
Next pour cauli-rice into a large mixing bowl. Add in 1 egg, 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese ( I typically use sharp cheddar for it’s strong flavor), and 2 tsp of garlic salt. I also add in 1 packet of the Birds Eye Singles microwaveable corn pouches after heating in the microwave for 1 1/4 minute. You can also add some chopped jalapeno pepper for some additional heat. Stir until mixture is thoroughly combined.
Next line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cauliflower has a tendency to stick to the pan so you don’t want to leave off the parchment paper even if you are using a nonstick pan/nonstick spray. Grab a small handful of the cauliflower mixture and use yours hands to give it a round shape and place on the parchment paper. Continue until you have no cauliflower mixture left.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baking sheet into oven for 35 minutes. My husband and I prefer the biscuits to be browned so I will sometimes turn on broil for a few minutes to let the biscuits get nice and golden. Remove baking sheet from oven and your cauliflower cornbread biscuits are ready to enjoy.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese ( I prefer sharp cheddar)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 packet of Birds Eye Singles frozen corn
- Break down cauliflower and place into food processor. Process cauliflower until cauliflower has a rice-like texture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour cauli-rice into a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, egg, shredded cheese, and garlic salt to cauli-rice. Heat frozen corn packet in microwave for 1 1/4 minute and then add to cauliflower mixture.
- Stir cauliflower mixture until it is completely mixed.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Grab a small handful of the cauliflower mixture and roll into a round shape and place on baking sheet. Continue this process until there is no cauliflower mixture left.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 35 minutes.
- Can broil for 3-5 minutes to further brown the muffins if desired.
- Remove muffins from oven and enjoy!